- 1 box White Cake Mix
- Green Food Coloring
- 3 c Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1/4 c Butter
- 2–3 tbsp Watermelon Flavored Drink (or 1/2 tsp Powdered Watermelon Flavored Kool-Aid Mix)
- Red Food Coloring
- Mini Chocolate Chips, for garnish
- Make the cake according to the directions on the back of the box. Add green food coloring to the batter and mix to combine.
- Pour the dyed batter into bright green cupcake liners and bake as directed by the box. Then remove from heat when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean and allow them to cool completely.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar, butter, watermelon flavoring, and a few drops of red food coloring together in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer to combine. (You can adjust the consistency by either adding more liquid to thin or more sugar to thicken the frosting.)
- Scrape the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe the frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate with mini chocolate chips.
I used the Simply brand Watermelon Juice Drink for my watermelon flavoring.