- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (soft)
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar (for rolling)
- Combine ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until the chips are melted. Stir together until homogenous, then allow to cool, stirring every few minutes until consistency is thick enough to scoop. Scrape out 1/2 tablespoons of filling and roll into balls. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter until smooth. Add the peanut butter and brown sugar, beating on high speed until the color lightens and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined. Combine the dry ingredients together and beat on low until well combined.
- Scrape out roughly 1 tablespoon of dough and wrap the dough around the PB butterscotch truffle until completely covered. Gently flatten the cookie, then roll in sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the cookie puffs up and the edges are set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. TIP: If you want to maximize the gooey filling, microwave cooled cookies for roughly 30 seconds before serving.