- 2 Pie Crusts, premade
- 1/2 c Fruit Jam
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Egg
- 1 c Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the jam and cornstarch in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg.
- Lay the pie crusts flat and cut off the round edges to create a 9 inch square. If necessary, roll the crust wider with a rolling pin and some flour.
- Cut the square into three strips, each 3 inches wide.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the jam mixture onto one end of each strip, avoiding the edges.
- Brush the egg onto the edges of the pie crust, creating a perimeter around the jam.
- Fold the strip in half, so the jam is covered. Use a fork to press the edges on all four sides together.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pie crust turns golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar, heavy cream, and jam. Mix well.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled tarts and garnish with sprinkles.