- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- Edible shimmer spray, gold
- White frosting
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, around 2 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla, and almond extract and beat until uniform.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and beat until incorporated. Then pop the dough in the fridge for an hour. Roll the chilled dough until it’s 1/4 inch thick, then use a unicorn shaped cookie cutter to create individual cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. If the horn of the unicorn turns brown, remove the cookies from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Spray the horn of the cookie with gold spray and allow to dry completely.
- Divide some of the white frosting into two separate, smaller bowls. Add enough red food coloring to one bowl to turn the frosting pink. Add enough blue food coloring to the second bowl to turn the frosting bright blue. Alternating adding the different colored frostings to a piping bag fit with a drop flower tip (aka Wilton #224).
- Using the undyed white frosting, frost the body and legs of the unicorn. Pipe the mane and tail on the unicorn. While the mane and tail are still tacky, decorate them with some sprinkles.